Saturday, January 31, 2015

The pending Bucketlist

It is a lazy weekend and I am cleaning my cupboards. I stumble upon a piece of paper. My old bucket list! I immediately compare it with the new one as I smile through the never ending list.

1.Camping in Thar desert : Check!


2.Hot air ballooning in Cappadocia : Pending.

3.Rafting in the Ganges: Check!

4. Scuba diving in the Great Reef: Pending!

5.Paragliding over the mountains! Check!



6.How to make a perfectly round Roti: Pending!

7.Mumbai- Delhi Road trip! Check!


8.Sky diving in New Zealand: Pending.

9.Having my own photo exhibition: Check!


10.Living in a tree house: Pending

11.Going to the north pole: Pending!
....

.....
I scroll down my bucket list .Either my bucket list is way too long, or I am the perfect procrastinator.
I believe the longer the list, the greater the urge to tick off things. An one lifetime is definitely not enough. But sometimes we keep procrastinating thinking there is ample time to chase our dreams and do the things we love!
In our mundane routines, there is a certain section of our bucket list that keeps getting carried forward to the next time. The wanderer in me keeps updating my bucket list from time to time. What is life without adventure?
And if one fine day, the Genie appears before me and I have the chance to tick three pending items from my bucket list,which things would I do right away? Read along!

1. Sky diving in New Zealand.
Imagine the gush of winds at an altitude of 13000 ft. A blank mind,a racing heart and thumping adrenaline. A leap into the clouds over the picturesque landscapes of New Zealand. Imagine free falling at 200 Kms/hr , right over the pristine and scenic Queenstown. Definitely a once in a lifetime experience and a happy tick-off on the bucket list!

2. Hot air ballooning in Cappadocia , Turkey.
Turkey is a country I have always wanted to visit. There is an old world charm associated with it. From the mystic souqs to the Turkish architecture. But there's one thing that draws me to Turkey and that is the Hot air ballooning in Cappadocia. Who can resist drifting over the magical mountains , the fairy chimneys and experiencing the surreal sunset over the rugged landscapes.

3.Visiting north pole and staying in an Igloo:
 Nothing excites a traveller more than exploring diverse cultures and regions.
What better than experiencing the life of Eskimos and staying in an igloo! My excitement would hold no bounds!

As a kid I have always dreamt of living a wanderer's life and traveling far and wide. Staying in extreme conditions, befriending strangers, traveling to newer places, going on long road trips, learning new languages. The curiosity of the unknown, the thrill of what's next, the beauty of discovering life bit by bit.
Life is a gift, a precious one. In our mad rush , we shouldn't forget to chase our dreams and live like there is no tomorrow! what is pending on your bucket list? :)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! photo exhibition checked too..awesomeness :) Yea.. I am copying this bucketlist.. ;)

divsi said...

Thankyou Thankyou! :) hehe feel free to! We'll exchange notes soon :D

Aseem said...

That's quite an interesting bucket list :D. Mum-Delhi roadtrip? Didn't know the views were that good :D.

Loved all the places and the ones pending are like the cherry on the cake :D :D.

Ankur Anand said...

Hi,
Sorry to be irregular ..professional life .. missed reading you people ..:(
very nice captures :) all the best for contest !