Monday, March 01, 2010

drenched in HIS love..




the atmosphere is euphoric.vibrant.

colours being punched in the air,I can hardly see the road ahead clearly.
I dont need to actually the crowd's taking me and helplessly I follow them on the narrow,winding lanes: jam packed with people beyond recognition..

Suddenly a bucket of water is emptied on the gang of girls walking ahead.
I take a U-turn, frantically struggle to move out of this maddening crowd.
NO USE!

its HOli..the place is vrindavan..and there's NO ESCAPE..

the crowd breaks into a song..
"aaj braj main holi re rasiyaa.."

more colour in the air..
i tug at dad's shoulder speaking with my face under the veil of my dupatta,
"can I go back?"

he's not even heard.i scowl.

funny place.they are throwing colour on strangers! people whom they dont even know!And thanks to the narrow lanes walking is the only mode of transport.

I am determined not to let anyone drench me![ i aint a HOLI fan;)]
so i struggle to find my way out,dogding ,escaping buckets,running like a school girl back to the hotel.
but a nagging worry encircling my head? HOW DO I GET TO THE TEMPLE in a recognisable state?

10 mins later I am out again,FEELING much safer in the presence of two robust bodyguards[ sons of the temple pujariji;)]
they are locals and one hand wave was enough to stop the awaiting hooligans to go and search another target.

I enter the temple and lo behold!
I am awestruck!
COLOURFUl would have been originated here.
Scentful would have been originated here.

a shove from the crowd was enough to bring me back, THis is what HOLI is..flocks of devotees scattering colour at their beloved Krishna ,being rewarded by the almighty with a shower of flowers,rosewater and scented kesu flower water being thrown at devotees by pujaris through HUGE pichkaris..

I move ahead mesmerised.some one asks."thakurji[krishna] ke saath holi kheloge?"
who would refuse?
The Dry,protected Me lands straight ahead of the idol ..
waiting to be drenched..i lift my veil..
pujaris lift their pichkaris and there I go!
happily allowing them to drench me while I am awestruck by HIM,standing there,the love of millions of devotees,smiling mischievously he HAS finally got me drenched...
DRENCHED in HIS love...:)

23 comments:

Randeep said...

Drenched in his love. I really liked the title. ya post too. Nice one.

Cheers
Randeep

Umesh Agarwal said...

beautiful...holi with Lord Krishna..i like :)...must be quite an experience..:)

Me, Inside-Out!! said...

Meeraji..

Mein kya ji, Aap ne to dil jeetliya!!! Nice one....

I wasn't even aware of the fact that holi was associated with krishna. And to top it all, I never knew you play holi in the temple premises with the idol and the priests...

Here in south india, holi is just too much fun, thats it. Liked the title as well..

Keep 'em coming!!!!

Sushlee said...

wow !!! blessed:)

Unseen India Tours said...

Hi Divsi !! What a co incidence !! Yesterday i attend the "Elephant Festival" in Jaipur and there performers from "Vrindavan" came to play "Braj Holi" and they were singing and dancing on the same song "Aaj Braj me Holi Re Rasiya".I took a video of that...Will be sharing with you soon.Holi is a festival that really matters a lot to us.Beautifully explained.Great post as always..Thanks for your comment on Unseen Rajasthan.You are also invited to visit : jaipurcitydailyphoto.blogspot.com to enjoy the Elephant Festival series.

Unseen India Tours said...

Hey i am back !! Please check the link to see the Braj Holi Dance and Song with Big Music !!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qd3WaiC0bA

grace said...

Oh Divsi! you don't know what you have done to me. You know for the past three years we have been going to Vrindavan for Holi and this year we couldn't make it. Throughout the day I was remembering the awe inspiring darshan of Bihariji that I had last year. And as I read this post of yours I just couldn't hold myself.
May all be drenched in His infinite love.

grace said...

You know last year in Vrindavan, I asked an ascetic the significance of Holi and she smiled and said simply - "Main Gopal ki ho li". Just what you have expressed.
Love you for writing this post.

Baljinder Singh said...

Nice post....thanx 4 making me aware of dese devotional facts....

itsyvitsy said...

Wow! This narration of events is so neat and beautiful. Lucid. I saw myself there in your shoes (though I am not your kind! Know what I mean? LOL :-D) and experiencing these events as they unfold right in front of my eyes. Here I am trying to avoid myself from playing Holi, from being smeared with the colours and there he is pleasantly playing the festival of colours with his beloved devotees. When he has no objections, we mere mortals can do nothing but to submit before him. And I submitted too. Oops... Sorry, got carried away. You submitted too! ;-)

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

The title is so perfect Divsi! And hey, how are you?

Shaunak Mukherjee said...

beautiful! Wish I could visit vrindavan during that time!

Shaunak Mukherjee said...

Btw, you've been featured on my blog. Aa jaao! :D

Anya said...

Amazing post ;-)
Thanks for sharing ....

(@^.^@)

rainboy said...

NExt year I will try to be there. I have heard about it and now after reading this post, I am dying to go.

Take care

Anonymous said...

That was an amazing post. The title was good too :) Holi with the God !!

divsi said...

@ randeep: thanks buddy:)



@ prince: AWESUM experience:) i wish i described better..hehe


@ me,inside out:

welcome to my blog:)) thnx a tonner for yr appreciation!:)

yes indeed holi @ vrindavan is a TREAT! festivities and celebrations galore!
glad u liked it!
kip visitin!


@ sush: hehe! yeah TRULY TRULY BLESSED:))

divsi said...

@ bharat:

WOWW!!thats coincidence:)chkd out the video buddy!
thnx for sharing:]
elephant festival must have been amzin! goes widout sayin:)

thnx a lot bharat! glad u like the post:]



@pallavi:

SAME PINCH gal!!!!!!!!:)))
i mean i missed the holi there this year.was there last year too:] missed it this yr so badly that i ended writing a post:)
so beautifully you ve put up the ascetics words..:)
so we share a great common link-bihariji:) wow!!
tc,lotsa love,
divsi

divsi said...

@ baljinder: :):)


@ vittal: hehe! i like u getting carried away:) so glad my mentor likes the description!!:) hehe
and glad I took You there!:]


@ bhavesh:
thnx!! m doin gud:] hows u?


@ shaun:
thnx a ton buddy:] m humbled!!


@ anya: thnkew!!!:))


@ vicky: hey long time!! where are you??:)
its worth a visit! have fun!:) tc


@ evanescentthoughts: welcome to my blog:) glad u like the post:) keep visiting!:)

grace said...

Dear Divsi, can't tell you how thrilled I am to find this common link between us. For all you know we might have even crossed our paths in that mad rush in Vrindavan, last year.
Lots of love.
Pallavi.

divsi said...

pallavi!!!!
yeah i thought the same thing dear:) the world is a small place na?full of suprises and coincidences:))
love ya!
tc:)

rainboy said...

have been busy :)
I try to be here but sometimes You just don't have control.

missed you too :)

take care

bondgal_rulz said...

You don't like Holi??????? :O :O :O

*faints*