A tag after a long time:) yay!
Have been tagged by amrit! and according to 'rules' I must list down 5 of my most memorable meals:) :) [now you now why I picked this tag so earnestly.. The chaturi that I am ;p ] lol
But rules can go for a toss[as always] Just 5 meals of the infinite I have had?? :o badi na-insafi hai!
Don't worry I am not going to list all those infinite meals [for the fear of public dhulai] :p
and before I begin:
on top of the list is meals cooked by mommyy[on top of evryone's list I am sure:)]
whether its her chole bhature or aloo ki paronthi..or rajma chawal..! (Nom Nom)
even if sumone [ read: me] is angry n sulky they make someone[ read: me] hop to the dining table merrily;)
Okay now my memorable meals:
Most of them are ones had up north:
1. Ahuja no.1 dhaba @ Murthal, Near Dilli: ok don't laugh thats the name of the dhaba:) tandoori aloo paranthas they serve are yum! Dip them in white butter and their acchar:
* still lost in thoughts*
2. Haveli @ Jalandhar: I remember I was soooo hungry while traveling from Amritsar to Ludhiana and this marvellous place cropped up on the highway: Authentic Punjabi ambience and delicious food:
sarson ka saag n makki ki roti..* sighs*
3. Manwar , Near Jodhpur: one of the bestest meals I have ever had.Purely Rajasthani and purely scrumptious.Any gastronome's delight! Right in the middle of the desert!
Ker sangri..daal batti churma..gatte ki sabzi..kairi kopta..see I even remember the names of the dishes:p
and what better for a veggie like me: it was purely vegetarian!:) yippie!
4. PanditJi ke Chole Kulche, Ludhiana:
The best street chole Kulche with Imli chutney and Raw onions. This fellow has been around since years near Prince Hostel Lane.
5. Sarvana bhavan @ Dilli:
Yes I am a punjabi but I totally love South Indian food!
and Sarvana Bhavan at C.P is where South Indian Cuisine epicures must head to!
Awesome spread of doses with a variety of chutneys.
No wonder there is always a painful waiting time during meal hours :(
6. Haldirams @ Dilli:
I am a diehard Haldirams fan! If they had to promote it I'd do it wholeheartedly :p
I even told their manager to suggest their authorities to start one in Mumbai:(
Golgappas, Aloo tikkis, Chole Kulche, Rajkachori.
* mouth waters*
7. Khushiram @ Ludhiana:
Purely punjabi. A vegetarian eatery with amazing thalis. A wide range of sweetmeats too!
8. Natraj thali @ Udaipur:
Our guide suggested this place. I had told him to suggest a place which I would remember forever and Hola! He certainly made sure the taste of this place lingers in my mind forever!
:)
9. Janta sweets at Jodhpur:
For their delectable Mirchi Badas! Piping hot and irresistible!
11. Bharawan Da dhaba, Amritsar:
For the best stuffed Tandoori Kulchas, be it Paneer, Aloo, Pyaz!
12. Birla Mandir , Mathura:
There are tiny stalls outside this temple all selling the best Aloo tikkis and Gol Gappe! Worth it totally!
13. Best Shikanji( Nimbu Pani) at Modinagar, Uttar Pradesh ( While visiting Uttaranchal, Modinagar falls on the way)
14. Rhythm this one's for you and me both: Pahalwan di hatti, Jammu:)FOR THEIR CHOCOLATE NUTTIES!! :))
I am sure everyone has their very own list of yummm places in the country that offers so innumerable and diverse cuisines so tagging my fellow bloggers:
Raj,Rhythm, Rimz, Mahesh, Isha, Pramoda, Vittal, Amith,Pallavi, Shaun,Umesh, Bharat, Manisha, Randeep, Shantanu, Amit,Rachana, Harsha, Harshita, Bhavesh...
Oh boy! So many people! That means so many new places!:) yayyy!!!
Bon appétit! :)
Have been tagged by amrit! and according to 'rules' I must list down 5 of my most memorable meals:) :) [now you now why I picked this tag so earnestly.. The chaturi that I am ;p ] lol
But rules can go for a toss[as always] Just 5 meals of the infinite I have had?? :o badi na-insafi hai!
Don't worry I am not going to list all those infinite meals [for the fear of public dhulai] :p
and before I begin:
on top of the list is meals cooked by mommyy[on top of evryone's list I am sure:)]
whether its her chole bhature or aloo ki paronthi..or rajma chawal..! (Nom Nom)
even if sumone [ read: me] is angry n sulky they make someone[ read: me] hop to the dining table merrily;)
Okay now my memorable meals:
Most of them are ones had up north:
1. Ahuja no.1 dhaba @ Murthal, Near Dilli: ok don't laugh thats the name of the dhaba:) tandoori aloo paranthas they serve are yum! Dip them in white butter and their acchar:
* still lost in thoughts*
2. Haveli @ Jalandhar: I remember I was soooo hungry while traveling from Amritsar to Ludhiana and this marvellous place cropped up on the highway: Authentic Punjabi ambience and delicious food:
sarson ka saag n makki ki roti..* sighs*
3. Manwar , Near Jodhpur: one of the bestest meals I have ever had.Purely Rajasthani and purely scrumptious.Any gastronome's delight! Right in the middle of the desert!
Ker sangri..daal batti churma..gatte ki sabzi..kairi kopta..see I even remember the names of the dishes:p
and what better for a veggie like me: it was purely vegetarian!:) yippie!
4. PanditJi ke Chole Kulche, Ludhiana:
The best street chole Kulche with Imli chutney and Raw onions. This fellow has been around since years near Prince Hostel Lane.
5. Sarvana bhavan @ Dilli:
Yes I am a punjabi but I totally love South Indian food!
and Sarvana Bhavan at C.P is where South Indian Cuisine epicures must head to!
Awesome spread of doses with a variety of chutneys.
No wonder there is always a painful waiting time during meal hours :(
6. Haldirams @ Dilli:
I am a diehard Haldirams fan! If they had to promote it I'd do it wholeheartedly :p
I even told their manager to suggest their authorities to start one in Mumbai:(
Golgappas, Aloo tikkis, Chole Kulche, Rajkachori.
* mouth waters*
7. Khushiram @ Ludhiana:
Purely punjabi. A vegetarian eatery with amazing thalis. A wide range of sweetmeats too!
8. Natraj thali @ Udaipur:
Our guide suggested this place. I had told him to suggest a place which I would remember forever and Hola! He certainly made sure the taste of this place lingers in my mind forever!
:)
9. Janta sweets at Jodhpur:
For their delectable Mirchi Badas! Piping hot and irresistible!
11. Bharawan Da dhaba, Amritsar:
For the best stuffed Tandoori Kulchas, be it Paneer, Aloo, Pyaz!
12. Birla Mandir , Mathura:
There are tiny stalls outside this temple all selling the best Aloo tikkis and Gol Gappe! Worth it totally!
13. Best Shikanji( Nimbu Pani) at Modinagar, Uttar Pradesh ( While visiting Uttaranchal, Modinagar falls on the way)
14. Rhythm this one's for you and me both: Pahalwan di hatti, Jammu:)FOR THEIR CHOCOLATE NUTTIES!! :))
I am sure everyone has their very own list of yummm places in the country that offers so innumerable and diverse cuisines so tagging my fellow bloggers:
Raj,Rhythm, Rimz, Mahesh, Isha, Pramoda, Vittal, Amith,Pallavi, Shaun,Umesh, Bharat, Manisha, Randeep, Shantanu, Amit,Rachana, Harsha, Harshita, Bhavesh...
Oh boy! So many people! That means so many new places!:) yayyy!!!
Bon appétit! :)







45 comments:
well sadly I haven't been very fortunate to go country hopping!... so 1-5 will be ghar ka khana onli ;)
Cheers!
MAST tag!!! You have been far and wide and lady. :P
Tough I'm a foodie alright, I'm skeptical if I'll be able to do justice to this one.
Thanks for tagging. :P
Cheers
And hey! Notice how similar our DPs look? :P
hehe...
surprising!! Had I been tagged...would have rated it similarly...coz I have visited almost all the places u said...except for one in Jodhpur...
Ahuja at murthal is awesome...awesome..no doubt...even their tea...
Haveli....a wonderful experience...a wonderful mall ...cum eating experience...my car punctured over there, first time...since then have been a regular every year for last 5 years...
same with haldiram...raj kachori, gulab jaamuun,.....yuuuuuummmmm....
A gourmet's diary - an interesting read.
wowiee..m on a diet plan to lose some kgs and u post this :0:0...haha!;)
Awsome one foodie buddy!:)
P.S : Perfect poem Title Dear ;)
my mouth watered all thru this post...i miss dilli mostly bcoz of the food..rather i miss north..
here in Kozhikode they cook everything in coconut oil..certainly not my types.
for me tadka in everything is a must...i miss kake da dhaba n surrounding dhabas at CP and Parathe waali gali at Chandni chowk..
anyways i m going to order chhole bhature(though poorly cooked) in my canteen tonite as a toast to your appetising post!!
Have you taken the contract to make people's mouths go watery??? :-(
Not fair. It's not even 8 in the morning, and I'm feeling hungry after reading this post.
Yummy tag! :-)
Ofcourse i am foodie..but i hardly keep track of good places... Chalo will try... Surely tu to khane ke liye hi paida hui thi ...:P
@ umesh:
but u kno wad?? home food is always at the top!:) period.double period:)
@ isha:
yeah its a dhinchak tag;)
u ll do pretti well gal! dilli afta all:)
n yeah as for the dp...GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE:p:P:P
hehe
@ raj: balle balle...:) same pinch! we hav similar favs:)
very sorri dun kno how i missed taggin ya...u re tagged!! wanna read it soon:))
@ pallavi: hehe! thnx..take it up soon gal!
@ sush:
thankooo:)))
n DIET plan...?
did i hear correctly:p hehe
@ vikas:
oh man! i love kaake da dhaaba n paronthe wali galli too:)
* high five*
u re frm dilli???
n wow...my post made u order chole[ coconut oil wale:p] hehe
*cheerz*!!:)
Isn't raj rhythm's rajeev? u tagged him right? i see his name first in the list ..
@ karthik:
thankew thankew..
:)
hehe..no ya..no contract:D
my mouth watered too while writin....
take it up n list yrs too.will love to read:)
@ mahesh:
lol:D *straightens her collar up*
waitin for yr list now mr.HR :D
does mr.HR means Hopeless romantic?? :P
@ mahesh: no yaar.thats jaunty anima wali rhythm:)
i forgot to tag raj..edited it afta his comment:p
Jaunty anima wali rhythm mujhe pata hai :)
m deeply thinking about places that i like in hyderabad...Telling u m veggie ;)
yep u re rite!:)
[thats courtesy yr latest status msg:p ;) hehe haha!]
n ure a veggie too???whoa!
*same pinch*:p
This tag ...ophhh...its my fast today and here i am reading all this..buhuuuuu.
I have to write? Hmmm... Let me see if I can make a post. But this post is very SWEET. I see that you were too excited to enlighten us all. :-)
Divsi I am afraid I don't have much to share about my food joys.Firstly because I am not a great foodie and secondly because I am a poor vegetarian bong caught up in a place like Calcutta, where people mostly end up offering kaddu,lauki and papita to the minority veggies.Trust me its not exciting.
However I am very fond of Haldirams as well, in fact if you ever make it to Calcutta do visit this place called Vivekananda Park where you get awesome phuchka(the bong name for golgappa) and papri chat. Those guys are famous for having won some kind of an all India chat competition.
Also I forgot to mention the other day - it was so very nice of you to have run up to the chef to compliment him for his food.I really loved it.
@divsi: dilli se apna dil ka rishta hai..
out of my 99 girlfrens 74 were from delhi...
so u see how much money and effort i have invested into delhi..
anyways jokes apart..
I m a small town guy from Bihar.
Hey gal.... A thought crossed mine...i was thinking to move from here to wordpress.. Whats ur input on that? asking u first in the to-ask list. let me know...
Funny alll your tags ....
(@^.^@)
Have a wonderful eveming :)
Aye Haye..kudiye!!I've read interesting blogs...cool blogs...informative blogs....but man this was SIMPLY SUMPTUOUS Blog...With each word my mouth watered more n more n more...*imagines herself like a dog with her tongue hanging down(oops a bitch) and watering*:P
Yuck!!look at me...chal Now I'll give a shot at this..Keeping fingers crossed!!
OMG you acutally remember names of all the places... I won't be able to recall even 2 :-s
But even Nagpur ka Haldiram's is awesome... actually uska origination hi yahi hai :D and I have been to Sarvanna Bhavan... awesome dosas they've got... and the waiting lines.... kahan kahan tak jaati hai... :-w
Btw, check blog... something for you there... ;)
yeah....its really hard to tag only '5' places for nice food. I love to to nice foods...n ya haldiram its awesome. i too love dhaba food n south indian food.
well it seems u hvent tasted bengali food it... I am sure u'll like it...:) try it sometimes soon..:)
@ kavita:
aww that's bad! Koi nahi aaj nahi to tomorrow sahi! :)
Waise fast main khane k baare main sochne ki baat hi aur hai:p
Keep visitin:)
@ vittal:
yessss u have to rite! I shall do an inspection:p n again vittal reads between my post:) I was indeed excited to share these places:D
Thnx!
Uh! Oh! I would love to but I am a little preoccupied with something. You will know very soon as I update my blog. :-) I believe you will read it. ;-)
@ pallavi:
Oh my! Lauki kaddu papita? ? ?
Lauki always figures in my WISH-THERE-WAS-SOMETHING-eLSE-MADE -LISt:p
look at the positives: u have sumptuous sweets at calcutta!:)
But m proud n proud of u my gal! The first vegggie bong I ve cum across:D
N thanku:) (for noticing the chef thingie)
Beauty of appreciation rem?:)
My Sis has been to calcutta n praised the haldirams der:) I l visit the vivekanand park surely wen I visit
@ vikas:
Oho dil ka rishta n all:) no wonder u miss dilli so much;) y dont u take up this tag?
U can even edit it a bit:) memorable meals at dilli wid my 74 :p
@ mahesh: sent u a msg on fb buddy,
. Do Chk! :)
@ rhythm :
Lol lol lol:p sumwer I knew u ll connect wid this! :)
N sumptuous blog:D thats the dinchak- est compliment my blogs eva got.:p
Waiting for yrs. I kno its gonna be heaven. Yum yum! :)
@ anya: welcome again! :) a great evenin to u too:D
@ akansha:
thanxie:) u ve been to sarvana?! Wow. So u'll kno y I m crazie:p
Chked tadka:) thank you so much!
:) take a hug!:)
Cheerz
@ rimz :
:) waiting for yr LISt:p
I l try def but m afraid bong dishes are mostly non vegggies:( but I gorge on bong sweets:)
There you go!!! Thank you for doing this tag!
And I am glad you broke the rule and listed more than 5 such foodie memories! :)
I never knew there is a Sarvana Bhavan in CP....definitely there are a lot many in the US. The Dhaba foods are just amazing....try roti and dal tadka as well!
US is coming up well. Not settled really...butyes settling down. Its freezing here.
One feedback Divsi...the font of this template is very small. Also, I think because of the background color and central aligned text...sometimes it gets little difficult. Just few thoughts wanted to share with you! :)
I felt lighter after venting my food woes but then you have got to pay for being a veg bong I guess.
The wide range of sweets and mishti doi(which I absolutely love) are some consolation at times.
Yes I remember the beauty of appreciation thing and can see that it is really infectious.
Keeping the spirit of appreciation alive!
@ amrit:
Glad u tagged me! :p hehe
Thanx for letting me kno ya bout the font.
A few ppl told me bout the alignment too. Will havta get that done soon:)
Njoi have fun:)
@ pallavi: :) :) :)
nice selections, u are almost to all parts in North India ;)
-Aiz.
cool one. I have not been to all this places. But reading your tag makes me go and see this places:-)good one.
i shall surely make it a point to eat at Ahuja no 1 the next time i am at Murthal...
Wow dat alu da parantha wid butter n achar made my mouth water.... :)
I need to rush back to India now... :D
:) Hey, Thanks for tagging me. But I dont hv much for this one :( . Anyways have fun.
Cheers
Randeep
@ princess:
Hey welcum to my blog:) thnx for leaving a comment.
Hope to cya again:)
@ harshitaa:
toh aaja naa:p hehe u.k. Main punju khana to mil jauga. Fikar not! :p
Tc.
@ randeep:
Lol :) fir bhi try at least:p
cheerz
@ ap:
Hehe :) Ab to Mujhe bhi aate hain banane.. Kabhi bhi ghar aa jana :p
@ ajay:
Yeah do visit n if not ahuja then try gulshan da dhaba:)
@ manisha:
Hey thanks gal!:) have tagged ya too ,do take it up:)
Post a Comment