Sunday, November 15, 2009

why grow up?


when is the last time you used joker gum n made a scrapbook of the one you idolise?
the last time you sat on a see-saw?
the last time you dipped parle-g in water?
the last time you clapped your hands n laughed?
the last time you made paper-boats n aeroplanes with tissue papers in hotels?
the last time you had fun with water colours,sketch pens n crayons?
the last time you made a sand castle and enscribed your name on the sandS?
the last time you read tinkle?[ for suppandi]
the last time you mum to put morsals of food in yr mouth?
the last time you gurgled through a straw while drinkin?
the last time you counted cars from yr balcony?
the last time you caught raindrops on yr outstretched palm?
the last time you tuned in cartoon network n DIDNT switch the channel?
the last time you played with those colourful ping-pong balls?
the last time you bought a cheetos pack for the freebie inside?
the last time you licked the cadbury's lollypop?
the last time you held onto dad's arms while crossing the road?

in the inevitable process of ageing..these little somethings get buried somewhere..
and are unearthed only when you see a kid again and feel envious of his treasure-trove called "kid-hood":D
growing old sure is mandatory but growing up is your choice...
n growing up always isnt fun..
i am sure many of us miss childhood...
one way to get it back is keeping the kid in you alive...
today n everyday...:)

pic courtesy:
http://www.nouvelles-de-chine.com/thibaut/images/Children%20playing.jpg

70 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey divsi...u've got a lovely blog. very interesting and mature writing.
I'm following you now.

Chack out mine - GD Blogs!

Mahesh Sindbandge said...

OMG..i am back to my childhood days..that was very touching, tear rolling post for a person like me..

I miss my childhood more than anyone else i guess :)

Tum likhti ho to aise likhti ho ki bas...pucho mat...

Thanks for Reminding us that we have a child in us very alive to celebrate children's day :)

Tc..cya

rimz said...

ahhh dts awesome.
but fortunately or unfortunately enuf i still keep on doing many of d things:
pittar patter raindrops on my outstretched hand,
papr boat n planes in colg:P..,
today only i was watching chota bhim in CN(well, nowadays u get many options in dt field-pogo, nick etc):D,
countings cars..ahha...,
n d lollypop,i wanna hve one bt i feel shy...:D...

i reject to grow up. its actually soo much of fun being-kid. one of the saddest thing of being grown up is none presents a chocolate (except frnds and that too on birthdays...).:(...

very sweet piece...
kip writing.
tk cre.. :)

vC said...

yeah....i refuse to grow up.

post is well-written and took me to a ride of those bachpan ke din.

aap likhte raho.

Rachana Shakyawar said...

@ Divsi
Beautiful post indeed!
This post have stimulated few very innocent aspects and acts of my childhood...and I simply love this sweet feeling:)

Please come up with such nostalgic posts more often...

Keep the spark Alive..

Akansha Agrawal said...

I do a lot of children waali harkatein... ;) thanks to young cousin sisters! When we're together, aur koi nahi chahiye phir :D

But haan as you grow... you lose somewhere the child in you.... *sigh* not because you don't like to do these things anymore, but coz you think... what others would think about you... sad but true... :(

Sushlee said...

beautiful! there are certain moments u c, which could be enjoyed only when you switch over to your 'KID' mode:)

Shravan Raghunath said...

that made me feel like and kid :) i dont refuse to grow up, but i refuse to forget the memories :) and well a lot of questions there :) haha

Karthik Kotresh said...

Lovely! Made me nostalgic.
But you know I still do some of the things you've mentioned. :D
Such a cute post! You just took me to my childhood days for a few minutes, and girl, that pic you've put! Sweetest I've ever seen. :-)
Loved it!

Brajmohan Kumar said...

:))
simply awesome. you sent me back into my childhood. those childhood memories are priceless. do you know, few days back i saw parle poppins in a nearby store and bought one for me, and then bought another to share with my friend.

bondgal_rulz said...

I knowwwww man!!! I ahve been asking the same question for so long!!! :D

And I do most of the stuff on that list!!! YAYIE!!!!!!!

I clap my hands on a daily basis...when I'm excited, when I'm happy...lol.
Making paper boats, counting cars and stars, watching Pogo n CN, gurgling through straws much to the annoyance of others, and lollypop!!!! tto meri favuuuu hai!!!! :) :)

I think I'll take at least 10 more years to "grow up". :D

BEAUTIFUL post Divsi!!!! Kya kha ke likhti hai re tu? :P

And oieeee!!! the pic is supa awesome!!! I love the sabse aage wale kid ka xpression. ;)

Hugs

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

There really is no need to grow up you know :)

My Birthday

Butterfly Thoughts said...

innocent one. Interestingly i did most of the things few days or months back. so felt nice reading it:-)

itsyvitsy said...

A post that came a day later, but still has left me with wistful memories of my childhood. I like the thought process that has gone through, specifically, in the questions that you have crafted. None of them are made up just like that, are they?

However, I would like to differ and defer on to others on your thought that growing up is not fun. It is definitely fun. E.g.: The joy when I completed my engineering and brought my mother to the convocation. The repeat when I did my post graduation and I came with "THE" two ladies of my life. The joy when I was employed in my dream company. Of course, it is fun. :-)

Don't mind me differing on your views. It is just my perspective, but I do not expect everyone to nod their heads in agreement with my views.

All in all, a wonderful post.

Ess.See. said...

this was refreshing. :)

plz do drop by my blog too. i've started afresh from scratch. im looking forward to your feedback! thanks! :)

Jaunty anima said...

Kya baat hai Divsi..??
I had planned to write a similar post on Children's Day...though dint gt time to do so...Accha hua u did...
Ab mai kahan se taaref ke pul baandhu...
Starting with a Lovely Pitcha...
Then those lovely lines..I wunt have been able to write it so beautifully!!
Lovelyyy loveelllyyy postt...:)

Umesh Agarwal said...

Well my comments on your facebook status said it all! ;)
But frankly, this post would have brought a smile to every person who read it...chalo lets not grow up and give you company..:p

grace said...

Riding a merry-go-round, eating dipped Parle G,making sand castles, going to school with my sister,being cuddled by my parents and sis ...
I miss it all so much.But I don't know if given the chance I would be able to do all of this again or not.

As I read this post of yours I wonder if I have come too far from being my child - like self.Guess will have to figure that out for myself.
As always you have come up with a beautifully expressed post.I really appreciate the way your writings reach out to the readers and instantly enable them to relate to it.

P.S. - However I am still an avid viewer of Tom and Jerry.

The Holy Lama said...

Is this the first time you had to think of past to be happy.? Life is just beginning dear.

divsi said...

@ gautam: hey thnx a lot!welcome to scraps of bread!!
glad u like it..i ll def chk out yrs...
cheerz!

@ mahesh:
thank you so so much:) ya comment always makes my day!
i think all of us will miss childhood ya..thats the time evrything is possible..evry dream ..evry aspiration!:)

tc!:)

divsi said...

@ rimz:
fortunately gal..fortunately..coz even i do these things:P yay!!
continue doin them all ya life gal!:)

kip visiting:) tc

p.s: even i watch chota bhim:D
* high fives*

divsi said...

@ vikas:
i have company yeah! i like that:)
thnkeww:))
kip visitin..i ll kip writing:P:p

divsi said...

@ rachana:
heya gal! glad u liked it..i know even u re quite into nostalgic posts:)

i m happie u cud relate to it!:)
thanxxx for readin this one..i ll def write sum more on nostalgia..[though i have an entire LABEL for it]:D


@ akansha:
thankew tadka gal!:)
continue doin them ..n enjoi yaself..people will always say sumthin or the oder u kno...
when u re kiddish they ll say "grow up"
when u re serious they ll say "so mature by god!"
lol:P

divsi said...

@ sush:
thnx buddy!!!!
:) u'd be already knowin this post was comin...

yr
eternal kiddo:D


@ shravan:
hehe.thnx buddy!
hope to cya again!

divsi said...

@ karthik:
thanks der! :)
that was a kind comment:)
n yeah i agree wid ya..the pic is priceless:)) cudnt find a betta one for this post i guess..

cheerz


@ braj:
thankooo!!! :):) m all smiles now...
i agree those memories are priceless no doubt!
n POPPINSSSSS!!!
oh i loved them too..rememba there was relish also?

divsi said...

@ ish:
oh my!!!:) balle balle..theres someone whose like me!!!!yippie:)

u dunno how annoyed ppl round me get wen i do the straw thingie:) hehe

dont even take 10 yrs to grow up swthrt..poori life padi hai:D

kya kha ke likhti hun?:p
aloo ki paronthi with ghar ka makkhan :D hehe thnx dear:)

n i agree the kids are suppper cute na?!!

much love,
divsi

divsi said...

@ bhavesh:
i agree with you cent percent:)


@ manisha:
hehe! thnx gurl:)nice to hear u liked it...
kip visitin:)
tc

divsi said...

@ vittal:
another meaningful comment buddy:)
u compel me to think[ i m so not used to it:p hehe kiddin!]

i dont differ on yr perspective ..thats the reason i wrote:
"growing up always isnt fun..":)
that means in some cases it is:)
m alluding to the instances that you mentioned as well as adding to the list:
the day u got ya parents for a prize distbn function.
the day u wore yr mum's teenage clothes..
the day u helped yr mum to pik up stuffs..
n many more:)

thnkew for the wonderful comment vittal..it ll always prevent my brains from rustin trust me:D

divsi said...

@ sidra:
hey thanx a lot :) will visit ya blog for sure gal! lovely dp btw:)


@ rhythm:
oye hoye kudiye!:)
u were gonna write on this too:) ? same pinch!!!
thankyou so much dear for that sweeto-din-bana-ditta comment!
hugs n much love:)

divsi said...

@ umesh:

* sticking out a tongue n waggin it*
haan haan...ya comments said it all...:D
tum mujhe company de hi nahi sakte..
tum HR jo ho..ab bacche HR thode hi hote hai:p hehe

divsi said...

@ pallavi:
thankew so much buddy:)
for that wonderfully kind comment:)
* m puffing up now*:p hehe
n tom n jerry is a classic ya:) neday:)

tc n much love,
divsi

grace said...

Love you too dear friend.
Wish you many more tears of Tom and Jerry and Tintin.

Anonymous said...

Wow..you really worked on this template! Looks real cool Divsi!

So very true...I dont like to grow up now..more than my chidhood I dont want this young and carefree age to wither away!

However, I still do few stuffs like - dipped parle-g in water, made aeroplanes with tissue papers in hotels, caught raindrops on yr outstretched palm!

Rachana Shakyawar said...

@ Divsi

...let us together CelebrateLife!
Celebrate friendship amid in blogger's bonding


My blog is kinda missing your comments and waiting with your surspise! Kindly Visit..

Destiny's child... said...

Loved it divsi..we often forget to do things that give us utmost joy! Btw, I did most of the things not so long ago...i mean...i still do all of that ;) The kid refuses to grow up! :D

Destiny's child... said...

And...please do somethign about your font or the background colour..it's not very easy on the eyes..just a suggestion :)

Mahesh Sindbandge said...

November is ur fav month? Oh yeah..ur birthday on 29th right..i remember now...

so are we suppose to do a guest post for you :P

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

I'm looking forward to your new post divsi, with your shutter-clicks.

Long-tailed Shrike

divsi said...

@ amrit:
heya thnx! i have to do the html thingie also ya..i l do it aram se one day:)
parle g in water is heaven na?:))
cheerz!

@ the holy lama:
nopes! this isnt the first tym that past has made me happie...there are many many such instances!:)


@ rachana di:
thankew so much for the lovely suprise!
god bless!:)



@ destiny's child:
thnx gal!:) kip the kid alive always..
n yes i ll do sumthing bout it..m revamping my blog[ a makeover] real soon:P
thanx for the feedback!:)

divsi said...

@ mahesh:
oh yes! u guessed rite..its one of my reasons to like november :D:D:D

a guest post for me???:O
sacchi!?! i m all smiles...:):)

divsi said...

@ bhavesh:
yes sure buddy! my next posts are gonna be captures for sure!:)

Perspectives said...

all of them are lovely, and i m proud to say i have done most of them in the previous one year...the exceptions being mom feeding me, me reading tinkle(i never read them, i still read Naruto)...

still lovely to see you observed this much...

Perspectives said...

i remember you saying, u spend a good time of yours' in Himachal...where in himachal ?

divsi said...

@ ajay:
Yes...:) my granparents had shifted there from punjab n I spent most of my vacs in a beautiful town called paonta sahib :) its famous for its gurudwara

Harsha Chittar said...

well said divsi. enjoyed reading it. although i still do most of the things on that list still :)
Growing Old is Inevitable; Growing Up is Optional :)

Writers Anonymous said...

A brilliant post, completely coloured in a nice nostalgic hue...made me go back to those times when I was not caught in the 'quicksand of the grown-up world'. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful post.

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

Came and didn't find a new post! So just saying hi!

Garden Lizard

Anya said...

Lovely written
(There is always a little child in us ;)
:-)

(@^.^@)

Shriti said...

that's why I don't want to grow up..
'am happy as a sixteen year old girl :)
I don't want to bear responsiblities and worries..
thanx for dropping by and leaving a comment :)

nryn said...

Your post made me go back in time...Childhood is the best time in life where wonders are the norm. As we grow up these wonders become the mundane...

Rohit Dassani said...

Hey Divsi nice post, for copyrighting pics u just need Picasa photo tool and use the text option on the pic...thats all... anything else i may assist u with..plz let me know
:)

Unknown said...

thats nice!!!u nw div i still do most of things even now and i nw makes me feel gud of the fact that i havent grown in these ways:)

alisha said...

hey diva thats really simple and nice.it feels great that i still have achild in me because i do most of the things mentioned:)

Unseen India Tours said...

I think i am in my childhood !! Today after reading the post i am thinking that yes i am missing a lo many things in my life !!Splendorous post !! Unseen Rajasthan

rimz said...

Happy Birthday To you. Many mnay happy returns of the day...:)

Karthik Kotresh said...

Hey Divsi, I just read the poem written for you by Umesh. It was your Birthday yesterday?
Accept my belated wishes:
Many many happy returns of the day!
Let this year give you the courage to dream of rain and gardens in the desert sand. :-)
Keep smiling! Cheerios! :-)

Unseen India Tours said...

Wish you a very Happy B'day (Belated).:)

poorni said...

Nice blog...its so true that in the process of growing up we forget small innocent acts that can makes us a child again.

S.A.L. said...

Hey beautiful! Tagged you!

http://shomoita-dreamer.blogspot.com/2009/12/second-tag-of-my-blogging-career.html

divsi said...

@ harsha:
Thanx harsha :) glad u enjoyed it! Keep visiting!
Cheers!

@ amritbir:
Thanx for yr wonderful comment mam! Welcome to my blog!:)
Hope to cya again!

@ anya: thank you:) :) hope kalterje is doin great!

@ CL:welcome to my blog gal!:) hehe! N stay sixteen all ya life dearie:)

divsi said...

@ rockus:
Welcome to my blog! N thanx for that well written lovely comment!:D
Hope to cya again!

@ rohit:
Thanks a ton buddy! I relle needed this since long:) I l try it definitely :)

@ nisha: welcome to my blog gal! I ll visit yrs soon! :) glad u cud relate to it! Hope to cya again!

divsi said...

@ ali:
Thankewwww gal!:) read ya comment on orkut:p
*m puffed up* lol

@ bharat:
Thanx a lot ya!:) ure visiting afta a long tym! U were on a trip? :) my blog missed ya comments!:D
Cheerz

divsi said...

@ rimz:
O me gosh
Thnx a tonner dearie:) how did u kno????
Tc god bless!


@ karthik:
thanks a lot buddy! :) those were wonderful wishes! Tc god bless! :)

@ bharat:
thankeww buddy! :):) Tc god bless!:)

divsi said...

@ poorni:
Welcome to scraps of bread:) thnx a lot for ya comment! Hope to cya again:)

@ shoumita:
thats kewl! I ll chko! :)

Unseen India Tours said...

Hi Divsi !! Hope all well !! Yes i am back from Tour and my new post too is waiting for your comment.As Per me my current post is from one of the most favorite areas of yours.Just check it out/...

rimz said...

hahaha.. u r surprised..:)
i love to giv dt.;)
btw, knew it frm here only, mahesh told na y nov is ur fav month, n ya agreed..!!..:)
tk cre..:)

divsi said...

@ rimz: hehehe!so thotful of u!
:) thnx dear i was indeed suprised!:)

Davesh Shingari said...

"those were the best days of my
life..."
really suits your blog.

faded memories which were lost in the time are back!!!

Enchanted Sophie said...

“I've heard that it's possible to grow up - I've just never met anyone who's actually done it. Without parents to defy, we break the rules we make for ourselves. We throw tantrums when things don't go our way, we whisper secrets with our best friends in the dark, we look for comfort where we can find it, and we hope - against all logic, against all experience. Like children, we never give up hope...”

divsi said...

@ davesh:
:)) thnx! welcum to my blog:)


@ sophie: brilliant lines:] thankyou!!:)