The school bus honked.
She rushed to the gate
Finally he was back.
Ending this wretched wait.
She glanced at the clock at eight.
He buzzed "Ma I will be late"
Making food only to find with friends he ate.
Sleeping on the couch
another day of an endless wait.
Transfer abroad.
Fat pay checks
'Ma I will be back soon!'
"I know.. I will wait"
A silent prayer
His well being.
She marked the date.
Years later.
"Ma come along."
"No son I ain't strong.
My hands shake
Knees tremble."
"Ma.Just for a few days.
This is only a temporary phase."
She looks out of the window.
Her eyes fixed on the brown gate.
Shaken.
Unsure.

7 comments:
I can relate this lines with the picture of that old lady..... :-(
Beautifully expressed...
Awesome words and a heart touching composition.
Beautiful Divsi. So much emotions in those lines. Could feel the wait in words and the pic. Bravo! :) Just amazing Divsi. Loved it.
I clicked her at Nizamuddin Dargah.
Thanks Maniparna..
Thanks a lot Shweta:)
This comment surely made my day! All smiles.. thanks Shashank!
I got goosebumps !
Post a Comment