Friday, September 19, 2014

#72

She studied her reflection
adjusted loose hair strands
Looked again
Trying to see herself from his eye.
Pursed her lips
Maybe the lip color is too much?
Sigh.
The Kohl has smudged!
Finally ready.
Ran late.
In a hurried state.
He looked at her dazed.
Not at those pretty eyes.
Not at the lip color.
Only that smile.
The smile she smiled when she saw him.
That smile.


4 comments:

The Solitary Writer said...

Its like the same smile that your readers develop after reading your poems! Kudos!

divsi said...

I am so happy and glad that my poems manage to do so! :) thanks!

Anonymous said...

his eyes glittered brighter,
his heart thumped faster,
his breath now taken away,
mesmerized, he looked at her smile

(Changed the lines :D coz the first ones came out as cheesy killing what your words had created ;) Beautiful Divsi :) )

divsi said...

I want the earlier version! *protests* :p
I like this version too..but now curiosity demands the earlier version;)