Friday, May 13, 2011

stanley ka dabba...the lunch box filled with smiles:)))


Tringggg..The shrill of the lunch break still rings in my mind..counting seconds to the lunch break and then when the bell goes, the school erupts!
Remember the anticipation of what mumma put in the dabba?
Remember that one teacher who brightened up your day , you waiting for her lectures, paying dire attention and liking the subject because of her?
Remember that one teacher whom you secretly hated because you felt the feelings are pretty mutual?
remember the punishments ( which made you red )?
remember innocence?
and then the petty fights over who will sit where..the long "good morninnng teacher" ..ah! the bliss of childhood!

Finally a simple, sensible, unadulterated, true to life movie I awaited ..invoking everyone and taking them back to that 'beautiful' phase of life, we cherish till we live.
With meaningful, well placed songs, lively performances by the "dabba" gang, distinct and impeccably defined characters this simple story with a 'big' heart is undoubtedly a MUST watch.

Every emotion is captured with precision, the end may leave you moist eyed..but one thing is certain: you will relate yourself at some or the other point with this brilliant kid, as there’s a Stanley in each one of us..
The expressions, body language, non-verbal communication touches the audience.

The director has successfully portrayed pressing issues subtly and implicitly, whether its the teaching scenario, the treasure called 'friendship', 'innocence' which seems to be fading away , 'sharing' - a virtue that seems non existent in adults, or the human attribute of criticizing others without seeing our own behavior!

Once in a while we all need a reminder of things we take for granted.Whether it’s valuing mumma’s food cooked with love, or the magic of childhood unity and friendship.

There’s a deep profound learning in the movie...something that will strike a cord with your heart and linger there for a long long time. Even when you do your mundane routine work, this "little" boy and his art of living will make you smile even in the nasty nitty gritties of life. Will make you go back home with some valuable "food" for thought and lose your heart to stan. I just lost mine!
Stan you rock!:)

11 comments:

Baljinder Singh said...

Haven't watched d movie...but reading ur comments I think its a must watch nw..:)

Umesh Agarwal said...

proudest moment of your blogging life..well reviewed..makes us want to watch d movie all the more..well done kudiye :)

Shriti said...

:) I really can't wait to watch the movie after reading your review :DD

Perspectives said...

nicely portrayed...

Vinati said...

After reading your review, i'm actually looking forward to watch this movie.. :)

S said...

Thanks for this wonderful review, will watch it tonight itself. Seems like a sensible Indian movie after really long! :)

Stupidosaur said...

Hey Divisi, long time!

I haven't seen the movie, but will surely catch it if it comes on Doordarshan when I visit my family. That sentence may sound odd considering

1) I hardly go to theatres. Last went to RDB with my roomies and several office friends. Wait RDB was like...4 years back? Or more?
2) I don't have a TV in the city I work. So not even a temptation will arise to watch pirated version on cable (Which they are sure to air!)
3) My family back home has TV. But no cable. Only the free-to-air, direct-to-home Doordarshan channels!
4) But hey that is ok, cos I visit on weekends, and DD these days airs hardly 1-2 year old movies on Friday & Saturday nights!

BTW I have been slow on blogging as well as blog visiting, but I also have two new blogs now. If you feel like, check them out from my profile, or maybe from the links on the original blog!

BTW review was nicely worded!

divsi said...

@ baljinder: yes i hope u did watch:D

@ prince: yes yes!!! thanks sooo much buddy:)

@ cl: thnks gal:) hope u did!

@ajay: thanks!!

@ vinati: :):) thnku

@sourav: oh yes it is..clean ,pure innocence:) u know there wasnt any script given..so its natural n raw:))
ya welcome:D:D

divsi said...

@ stupidsaur: ohhhh myyy!! so glad to hear from u!!! its been ages:D:D literally!

hehe..it ll be on dd afta months ya!..but do watch:D ONLINE ?:p

i ll surely visit them..been slow myself...:( will get back full swing soon:)

tc!:)

vC said...

hey i also saw that movie in stall seats at Regal.
loved it. nice acting by kids.
all the time I felt hungry with such a presentation of food.
And abt those lovely days when nothing mattered, wen we were untarnished by this pretentious world. I miss them so much.

rainboy said...

seems like a good watch... :) Where have u been ?