Sunday, August 31, 2014

#53


Hello Stranger, My Old friend.

I stumbled upon a memory today.
Vivid. Like it happened yesterday.
The wind caressed my hair.
Your thoughtful stare.
For a flicker I felt,
I saw your eyes melt.
Your lips pursed, to say something.
When I asked, you shrugged," No, Nothing."
You bent forward unsurely, a tiny speck you pull out.
Was there really something stuck in the tresses?, I doubt.
A story unspoken by words.
Silent conversations, never heard.
Once this wordless silence was magic.
Till words became chaotic.
Irony.
We drifted.
Like detached boats once connected.
Lost.
I left unhappy, hurt, in dismay.
You never asked me to stay.
No closure.
No goodbye.
Just a bundle of what ifs and whys.
Rummaging through memories, like a scavenger.
Once a best friend, now a stranger.
We search the start only after the end,
Hello Stranger, My old friend.


This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.

This post has won the WOW badge:

14 comments:

Cifar said...

lovely poem,enjoyed reading it

My WOW post : The Last Call

Anonymous said...

Brilliant..:):)

divsi said...

Thanks a lot Cifar! Glad to hear that :)

divsi said...

Thankyou :)

Red Handed said...

Beautifully painful this was. you are goood!!

divsi said...

@red handed: Thanks so much:) welcome to my blog!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant and wonderful Divsi (don't mind me writing the short, I don't know the complete name yet)
We search the start only after the end,

we search through the labyrinth of things dear, now lost
pondering about what and how we should've fought
few words, untold could've recreated the past
how the same path are now way apart
how we could start again from scratch :)

Ankur Anand said...

beautiful and profound poem :)

divsi said...

Hey Shashank! Its completely okay [you can call me by either name;)] Thanks for reading! :D

I am still reading and re-reading the add on! Fabulously carried on :) Thanks for putting words to what exactly I am thinking right now.

divsi said...

Thanks a lot Ankur :)

Vinitha said...

Beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Divsi :) You wouldn't believe but I am never able to write down any sense when I try to write anything remote to poems and after reading your words they just flew by. I was surprised and thank you :)

divsi said...

If my writing does that, I am truly truly happy and delighted :)

divsi said...

Thanks Vinitha! :) Welcome to my blog! Thanks for reading :)