Saturday, August 23, 2014

#45


The train siren rang out loud and clear
My heart crouched in fear.
Hurried passengers saying their goodbyes
My eyes moist. Throat dry.
People peering through windows
I wonder if they can see through my woes.
Coolies panting, wheeling luggage
My heart sinking further with its baggage.
The notes clinging to my trousers
I gulp down guilt.
I robbed her of everything.
Even the home she carefully built.
Running away for my 'better ' tomorrow,
Ruining her 'yesterday'
Ditched by her very own son.
Who cheated and left her in dismay.
The train started moving
I stood rooted to the spot.
Tried erasing her silent, stoic face
But could not.
It gained pace slowly chugging away
My heart refused to board.No not today.
Dreams cannot be woven putting others in pain.
Her 'pallu' protected me from the scalding sun and rain.  
I could fool her but today I could not feign.
Wiping tears I tore the ticket                
And I missed my train.








This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.

This post has won the WOW badge!


17 comments:

Cifar said...

rightly missed the train, story told in poems are difficult and you did it perfectly

Diary Confessions - 7

Ankur Anand said...

i'm confused to call it a nice poem or a nice story ,.. brilliant :)

divsi said...

Thanks so much Cifar! Glad you liked it:)

divsi said...

Hehe we can call it a poetic story?! Thanks a lot Ankur! Glad you liked it:)

Maniparna said...

" Dreams cannot be woven putting others in pain."

Beautiful line... I'm so touched and feeling happy for the mother finally...nicely done... :-)

divsi said...

Thanks a lot:) At last, there does come a moment in life , where goodness is rewarded :)

Anita Sabat said...

Lovely poem, Divsi. Brings out the emotions of the son so wonderfully!
WOW indeed :)

divsi said...

Thanks so much Ani! Glad you liked it :)

Datta Ghosh said...

Beautiful poem...you can't run away from your family

Anonymous said...

Beautiful lines and vividly expressed. Loved it. The starting lines, the way you carried it further, and everything. Best wishes! (Dreams cannot be woven putting others in pain. Excellent)

divsi said...

Thanks so much Datta :) keep visiting!

divsi said...

Thanks a lot Shashank! Your comment made me smile! :) Glad you liked it!

Anonymous said...

Well, glad it brought a smile :) (a pat on my back... kidding. Keep writing! Beautiful is the only word I am left with reading your every work :) )

divsi said...

:):):) humbled!

Shaivi said...

Lovely poem!

divsi said...

Thanks Shaivi! :)

Karan Shah said...

very poignant...beautifully told :)