Back in time.
The sun shone blazing bright
I woke with no memories of the night.
The room full of colors
Crayons strewn on the floor
Mickey and Donald smiling
Stuck up on the door.
Sipping bournvita
but eyeing Momma's tea.
I want to drink in that fancy cup!
Only if I was a grown up!
Doll Houses and barbie's plaits
rolling endlessly on pink skates
Secretly applying Mamma's lipstick
Smells like berry, I start to lick..
Mamma in the mirror
I look in horror
She drags me for a wash , as I give up
Only if I was a grown up!
Water puddles and Paper boats
Polka Umbrellas and colorful raincoats.
Elder siblings off for a trek
Tiny tots are kept in check
These big guys get to do all they love
Only if I was a grown up!
The sun shone blazing bright
I woke with no memories of the night.
The alarm broke off my reverie.
I searched for the childhood "me"
Cellphone ringing endlessly
I wonder when last was I carefree.
Being an adult is such a pain!
Ah! Only if I was a kid again!
This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.

13 comments:
That felt nice :) just like I used to feel as a kid.
That felt nice :) just like I used to feel as a kid.
that was very nice and true depiction of a kid's thought. very enjoyable read.
It was a beautifully written poem !!!
wow! fun reading it budsy :]
Thankyou:)
Thanks a lot:)
Thanks Sruti :)
perfect depiction of a 5 year old girl,beautiful poem
My WOW post
Back To The Future
Followed your blog.
Sushlee: Thanks Bro :)
Thanks a lot cifar :) reading yours now:)
Couldn't agree more. As a child, we wanna be like big guys and now, we envy innocent children. Fab take:)
http://vishalbheeroo.wordpress.com/2014/08/10/wow-back-in-time/
Thanks Vishal :)Reading yours now :)
Post a Comment