Sunday, July 27, 2014

Flowery tales..flowery trails..

This post is written for the Indiblogger Contest  sponsored by Godrej Aer.


I adore mountains.
The winding roads.
The whispering trees.
The mountain breeze.
There is something about the hills. The breathtaking moment when the snow capped peaks kiss the clouds and when the sun finally drowns , the silhouetted mountains glistening in the auburn sky.
The love of mountains pulled me to Mussourie this summer.
Having been there before this trip was an unwinding one. Not with a set itinerary ..No written plans..
Perched at the end of Mussorie the hotel was ambushed from the crowded tourist areas.
Behind the curtains hid this view:



And this one:


Hunger vanished all of a sudden. I grabbed my camera and left. Where will I go? Where the roads lead me!
At each bend there was an excitement."What's next?" I thought as I followed the flower trail.Nature at is raw best, offering a plethora of mesmerizing sights.

Curvy trails
Breathtaking sights
Rustling leaves
Magical twilight..
The air had a misty fragrance. As if the leaves had a self spray mechanism after every five minutes.
I took a deep breath.
Was this strawberry? No!
Was this mint? No!
At the next bend my heart skipped a beat.
I had entered nature's very own perfumery!
Glittering like stars
Tiny little flowers
Temporary fragrance,
unforgettable memories.



Awestruck I continued walking, a little anxious , the road was empty but nature's calm enveloped me, as if comforting.


There was no dearth of color. Pink, red, yellow flowers bloomed in full glory.
The fragrance was so captivating! I mentally filled it all up in my "nostalgia" jar to preserve for years to come.


The flowers know life is short.
yet they bloom well
perched haughty and happy.
making the world around them beautiful.



So this is what heaven must look like, I thought. My senses were rejuvenating. Who needed a modern spa treatment when nature had such cures?
Tucked away in the hills, I never thought I would see such a plethora of floral eye candies and such varied scents.
Nature is an Issey Miyake and Davidoff in itself :) 


The sky complimented the aromatic fragrance with sights like these, as if a painter had made arbitrary strokes on his favorite canvas.




Like a wanderer I wandered. Fully aware that I might lose my way. So what? I told myself. This ethereal experience cannot be let gone abruptly.
My thoughts were interrupted with a unique flower sighting. The Monkey flower! Flowers with an uncanny resemblance to a monkey's face.What a find!

The floral scents now mingled with fruity scents.I had heard the Mussorie valley had apricot, walnut, plum, apple trees in abundance. Now hungry eyes (mine as well as my camera's) hunted these trees. Both were rewarded.A walnut tree was the next find on this nature trail.
 Lush deodhar trees paved the way while chirping crickets provided company. The fragrance cannot be articulated in words. The Pine resin fragrance was a welcome treat for a person living in a concrete jungle and breathing in toxins daily!
This was real detoxification.
This was B.L.I.S.S


The trees murmured.
The leaves rustled.
The winds hushed hushed.
Nature's secret was revealed.

The sun was setting and the sky was now an orange wonder. The hues in the sky and the silhouettes  of trees were now living proof that nature is crafted with perfection.




As the sun drowned behind the hills, my heart sank a little too.
It was time to go. To bid adieu to a wonderful tete a tete with nature's prized possessions.
The nature walk was over but it left behind indelible memories, some unforgettable fragrances and an experience which would stay forever. All I need to do is lift the lid of my Nostalgia jar and take a deep breath:)

9 comments:

Ankur Anand said...

beautiful post and picture ! all the best for contest :)

divsi said...

Thanks so much Ankur :)

Najmun said...

Very beautiful pictures and loved the fragrances ! ATB for contest dear! :)

Arti said...

Looks like I just sneaked in at the right time to take a whiff out of your nostalgia jar as well and my! what lovely fragrances!! Lovely post, divyakshi - you create magic with both your words and your pictures. All the best! Hope our paths cross sometime again very soon! :)

divsi said...

@Najm : Thanks so much dearie :)

divsi said...

@Arti: I am glad you did :) hehe. Thanks a lot:) Hope to see you soon :)

Indrani said...

These are lovely scents possible!
Loved the pics a lot.

divsi said...

Thanks Indrani :) so glad you liked them!

Unknown said...

very beautiful pics..and the story is awesome :)